The Candidate Information Bulletin (full document) provides you with information about the examination and application process for becoming licensed as a real estate salesperson or broker in the State of Nevada.
Nevada state laws stipulate that a person may not act as a real estate broker, broker-salesman, or salesman without first obtaining a license issued by the Nevada Real Estate Division. To be licensed, you must pass an examination to confirm that you have attained at least a minimum level of knowledge regarding the principles, practices, statutes, and regulations relating to real estate.
The Nevada Real Estate Division has contracted with PSI Examination Services (PSI) to conduct its examination program. PSI provides examinations through a network of computer examination centers in Nevada. PSI works closely with the State to be certain that examinations meet local as well as national requirements in basic principles and examination development standards.
The following are the Nevada real estate licensing examinations offered by PSI Examination Services:
All questions and requests for information about examinations should be directed to :
- Real Estate Salesperson
- Real Estate Broker
PSI Examination Services 100 West Broadway, Suite 1100 Glendale, CA 91210 (800) 733-9267 · Fax (818) 247-3853 http://www.psiexams.com
All question about applications for licensure should be directed to the:
Nevada Real Estate Division Department of Business and Industry 788 Fairview Avenue, Suite 200 Carson City, Nevada 89701-5453 (775) 687-4280 x301
Nevada Real Estate Division Department of Business and Industry 2501 East Sahara Avenue, Suite 102 Las Vegas, Nevada 89104-4137 (702) 486-4033 x240 http://www.red.state.nv.us
GUIDELINES FOR LICENSE APPLICATION/QUALIFICATION
To make the license qualification process go as smoothly as possible, be certain that you:
EXAMINATION REGISTRATION AND SCHEDULING PROCEDURES
- Send the Registration Form found at the end of the Candidate Information Bulletin along with the correct payment for the examination(s).
- After approval by PSI, you will be sent a Registration Confirmation Notice advising you of the 1 year eligibility to take the examination(s).
- Prepare for the examination by using the examination content outline in the Candidate Information Bulletin and the suggested study materials that cover the outline topics.
- Be sure to take proper identification with you to your scheduled examination appointment.
- Upon passing the examination, you may then submit the required license application documentation to the Nevada Real Estate Division.
The Examination Registration Form is found at the end of the Candidate Information Bulletin. Be sure the registration form is complete, accurate, signed, and that you include the correct fee. The registration form is valid for 1 examination. You must first register to be eligible for an examination and upon approval by PSI then schedule an appointment to take the examination.
STANDARD MAIL REGISTRATION
- Complete the Examination Registration Form found in the Candidate Information Bulletin. BE SURE TO READ ALL DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING THE EXAMINATION REGISTRATION FORM. IMPROPERLY COMPLETED FORMS WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU UNPROCESSED.
Return the completed original form to PSI with the appropriate examination fee. Payment of fees can be made by money order or cashier's check. Money orders or cashier's checks should be made payable to PSI. Print your social security number on your check or money order to ensure that your fees are properly assigned. CASH, COMPANY CHECKS, PERSONAL CHECKS, MASTERCARD, AND VISA ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
- Upon receipt of your completed Examination Registration Form and fees, a Registration Confirmation Notice will be mailed to you.
- Please allow 2 weeks to process your Registration. If you do not receive your Confirmation Notice within 2 weeks, call (800) 733-9267 to verify your status.
For telephone registration you will need a valid VISA or MasterCard.
Complete the Examination Registration Form, including your credit card number and expiration date, so that you will be prepared with all of the information needed to register by telephone.
- Call (800) 733-9267, 24 hours a day and register using the Automated Registration System. Otherwise, PSI registrars are available Monday through Friday, between 6:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Pacific Time, to receive the information listed on your Examination Registration Form and schedule your appointment for the examination.
For fax registration, you will need a valid VISA or MasterCard.
Complete the Examination Registration Form, including your credit card number and expiration date.
- Fax the completed form to PSI (818) 247-3853. Fax registrations are accepted 24 hours a day.
- 2. You may call PSI the following business day to schedule the examination(s) after 11:00 a.m., Pacific Time, (800) 733-9267.
The online Examination Registration Form is available at PSI's website. You may register and schedule for an examination via the Internet 24 hours a day. NOTE: You may schedule through the Internet if you have already registered.
SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT TO TAKE THE EXAMINATION
- Download the form, print, complete, and return it to PSI by mail or fax. A confirmation notice will be mailed to you within 2 business days of receipt of your completed registration form; (or)
- Complete the registration form on line and send it to PSI via the Internet. Candidates who complete the form on line will receive the Registration Confirmation Notice via e-mail within 2 business days.
Once confirmed, you are responsible for calling PSI to schedule an appointment to take the examination. PSI will make every effort to schedule the examination site location and time that is most convenient for you. To schedule your examination using a touch-tone phone, call PSI 24 hours a day at (800) 733-9267. To schedule with a PSI registrar, call Monday through Friday, between 6:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Pacific Time. If space is available in the examination site of your choice, you may schedule an examination 2 business days prior to the examination date of your choice. Please be prepared to offer alternative examination appointment choices.
RESCHEDULING FOR AN EXAMINATION
It is not possible to make a new examination appointment on the same day you have taken an examination; this is due to processing and reporting scores. A candidate who tests unsuccessfully on a Wednesday can call the next day, Thursday, and retest as soon as Saturday, depending upon space availability. You may access a registration form at http://www.psiexams.com. You may also call PSI at (800) 733-9267. Please note that you may also use the automated system, using a touch-tone phone, 24 hours a day in order to schedule or reschedule an examination.
CANCELING AN EXAMINATION APPOINTMENT
You may cancel and reschedule an examination appointment without forfeiting your fee if your cancellation notice is received 3 full business days before the scheduled examination date. For example, for a Monday appointment, the cancellation notice would need to be received by the close of business on the previous Wednesday. You may call PSI at (800) 733-9267 or fax a note to (818) 247-3853. Please note that you may also use the automated system, using a touch-tone phone, 24 hours a day in order to cancel and reschedule your appointment.
MISSED APPOINTMENT OR LATE CANCELLATION
Your registration will be invalid, you will not be able to take the examination as scheduled, and you will forfeit your examination fee, if you:
SPECIAL EXAMINATION ARRANGEMENTS
- Do not cancel your appointment 3 full business days before the schedule examination date;
- § Do not appear for your examination appointment;
- Arrive after examination start time;
- Do not present proper identification when you arrive for the examination.
All examination centers are equipped to provide access in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, and every reasonable accommodation will be made in meeting a candidate's needs. Applicants with disabilities or those who would otherwise have difficulty taking the examination should request for alternative arrangements with PSI. Requests for any special accommodations should be made in writing, describing the specific accommodations that will be needed, and must include supporting documentation on official letterhead from a licensed professional.
EXAMINATION SITE CLOSING FOR AN EMERGENCY
In the event that severe weather or another emergency forces the closure of an examination site on a scheduled examination date, your examination will be rescheduled. PSI personnel will attempt to contact you in this situation. However, you may check the status of your examination schedule by calling (800) 733-9267. Every effort will be made to reschedule your examination at a convenient time as soon as possible.
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER CONFIDENTIALITY
PSI will use your social security number only as an identification number in maintaining your records and reporting your examination scores to the state. A Federal law requires state agencies to collect and record the social security numbers of all licensees of the professions licensed by the state. If you elect not to disclose your social security number to PSI, please enclose a separate letter explaining this with your Examination Registration Form. However, you must provide it to the state.
Walk-in registration is available only to those candidates who have previously been registered and taken the same examination with PSI.